Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GDB 7.0 release process created

I think I see now why Paul was saying that it was not working while
I thought that it was definitely working.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be working fine for me, at least on
the simple program that I used, but I think that this is because I am
using darwin 9.6.  I just did a rebuild and a quick sanity check, no
issues to report except some annoying warnings that shouldn't be there:

    (gdb) run
    `a-except.o' has disappeared; keeping its symbols.
    `s-except.o' has disappeared; keeping its symbols.
    `s-traceb.o' has disappeared; keeping its symbols.

I was planning on dealing with that sometime this week, and as soon
as this is done, we should be able to have a more detailed analysis
of the status of this port. Thankfully, these warnings are harmless
and are only there because the GNAT runtime has some units compiled
with debug info.  A typical C program shouldn't trigger them.

Now, it looks like it is not working yet on darwin 10.x. From what
Paul is saying, it might just be a matter of adding oneself to the
procmod group. I don't know how to do that either, but I will ask
one of our sysadmins. If we can't make it work, we might have to
document a little more accurately the fact that the new darwin port
does not work on darwin 10.x (Snow Leopard?)

Also, about the warnings that Jack saw and started this discussion,
no clue. I am not setup to play on Darwin 10 yet, and I probably
will not have time for that before 7.0.

--
Joel