Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GDB 7.0 release process created

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 13:34 -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 01:10:18PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> >    I assume you mean the discussion of the FSF legal issues and not
> > the discussion of what patches are required for gdb 7.0 to function
> > on MacOS X (which would be entirely relevant to the list).
>
> Yes, I mean the message I was replying to.

Apologies, I wasn't aware this was controversial. Didn't want to offend.
I just wanted to point out that if Apple can distribute a version of gdb
that functions on MacOS X then the relevant sources, including any
authorization keys, should be available from them. So those could just
be included with gdb upstream so all users can create such binaries. If
that causes any legal uncertainty then indeed it would be better
discussed directly with FSF legal.

Cheers,

Mark