Re: GDB 6.8.92 available for testing

Jan> * I do not consider it appropriate for FSF GDB as the Fedora patch is just
Jan>   a hack, GDB should not make references to readline internal variables.

Yes, that would be best.  What this needs is for someone to drive the
issue and contact upstream to see what they think.

Jan> And the fix is not straightforward as trying to avoid this internal
Jan> variable reference one has to face the echoing behavior which I
Jan> find brokwn already even with the bundled readline and the existing
Jan> internal variable reference:

If it is already broken, and the patch doesn't make it worse, then it
seems to me that it is just an independent bug.  Or did I misunderstand?
If this is indeed an existing TUI bug, would you file it in bugzilla?
Thanks.

Tom