Re: -Wformat and the like

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Tobias" == Tobias Hahn <tobias.hahn@ableton.com> writes:

Tobias> By the way: Why do the makefiles include -Wformat, -Wformat-nonliteral Tobias> and -Werror? I agree that this would be a best pratice if the code Tobias> were clean, but with literally thousands of these kinds of errors it Tobias> just gives me as a user a hard time trying to get a build.

I don't know the answer, but I definitely don't see thousands of such
warnings on my Fedora 11 box.

I'm sure it's an OS X thing - the headers have all kinds of BSD-ish and Mach-ish arcana that are different from other systems for, uh, deeply-thought-out and carefully-documented reasons. :-) One could get GDB to a clean build with OS X, but it would be a lot of macro gymnastics.

Stan