Re: odd (inappropriate?) sparc references in sim

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> ./m32r/sim-if.c:  /* Store in a global so things like sparc32_dump_regs
> can be invoked
> ./iq2000/sim-if.c:  /* Store in a global so things like
> sparc32_dump_regs can be invoked
>
> I am not sure about the endianness comment but the
> sparc32_dump_regs one looks incorrect.

  Well, dunno what sparc32_dump_regs is or ever was, but the important
property it must have had that made this comment want to refer to it is that
it needed a a static pointer to the current SIM_DESC because it didn't get one
passed in as an argument.

  It appears that frv/mloop.in and a private port I'm developing are the only
actual users of this static.  Unless I've misread the code (possible since I'm
only grepping it without context) every other use is just to set its current
value, in either startup or main loop code.

    cheers,
      DaveK