Re: Bugzilla

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 03:19:07PM +1300, Nick Roberts wrote:
>  > If we need more people working on the bug system, that's a people
>  > problem, not a list configuration problem.
>
> I disagree.  In part it is a configuration problem because the ideal outcome
> of a bug report is a patch.  Currently to get attention this requires
> cross-posting to gdb-patches which I think is more irritating because
> unsubscribing from gdb-prs would result in missing or incomplete bug reports.
>
> In any case, I've unsubscribed from gdb-prs now as I've found it to be a waste
> of my time and I won't be submitting any more patches for bugs reported there.

I don't get it.  If you are choosing not to receive the bug traffic,
by doing this, why would you argue in favor of making everyone receive
that traffic?

More people getting the mail doesn't mean more people with the time to
read, respond, and patch for it.

The problem isn't that no one knows how to follow the bug system, just
the limited number of people with the patience and time to do so.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery