Re: TRACE implementation

Hi ,

I am talking about "gdb tracepoints" only. I am asking for "How can I implement them in GDB ?"
means, where I can start with. Heard something about remote stubs .....

Michael , Can you be a bit more brief on "published API" which you mentioned in your last response.

Thanks,
Sumanth G

Michael Snyder wrote:
sumanth wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to implement trace in my port. Can anyone point me where in
gdb source I can refer to? Any helpful documents.

What do you mean by "trace"?

Have you looked at gdb tracepoints?  Is this close to what
you are looking for?  See the url:
http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_14.html#SEC95

Once my trace is implemented , I have data in trace buffer. How can I convert the data
from trace buffer and display it to user. Heard there are 3rd party tools which comes in handy .

If you are talking about tracepoints (see above), and if you can make your trace buffer talk to gdb according to the published API, you can use gdb to display your trace results.

If not, you need to tell us more about what you're trying to do.

If any , please mail me. (preferably some gdb gui).

PS: I am novice in gdb implementation .

Thanks,
Sumanth G