Re: processor threads

Hi Michael,

I mean to say that we are having 4 hardware threads. Our company has its own processor on which we will be working. The processor currently we are working has 4 threads in it.

Each thread has it own set of registers (ex: program counter).

Currently the GDB which we are using is supporting only single thread (ex: thread 0).
Now we trying to use GDB for remaining threads.

My Question is does GDB handles hardware threads??

Thanks, Nagaraj.

Michael Snyder wrote:
nagaraju.m wrote:
Hi All,

Currently I am using gdb-6.8. My GDB is working fine with single thread.

The target processor which we are using has 4-threads. So my question is how can I debug multi threaded (processor threads) applications with GDB.

I have Googled for it but I found nothing....

Are there any documents available??

Please help me.....

Not understanding your question. What is your target processor? What does it mean when you say "the target processor ... has 4 threads"? Are you talking about processor cores?