Re: git update delay [Re: FYI, small patch required to resync git from cvs]

Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 16:02:02 +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
>> It should propagate to the public git repo within the hour.
>
> This delay complicates it a bit sometimes for preperation of dependent
> patches.  i am not aware of the required + available performance resources but
> it could the update run more often?  (if not 1 then for example 5 minutes)

Yes, I know how aggravating that can be.
Luckily, the repositories for which I suffered the most have all
converted to git upstream, now ;-)

Currently the gdb cvs-to-git sync process runs once per hour, but a run
can take over 20 minutes when every ,v file has been touched by a tag,
so I can't increase the frequency by much.  Even at the best of times
(I've just confirmed) it takes at least 7 minutes.

I've just doubled its frequency, so now it runs at 8 and 38 minutes
after each hour.