gdb-serial: inform gdb that target has changed

Hi!

While looking over gdb7 and getting our tool to work with it, we realized we
still have an old outstanding issue with gdb-serial and using gdb as a debugger
frontend. It is the fact that gdb assumes that it is in control, and the target
cannot tell gdb to refresh its state since the target has changed outside of
gdb's control. ?Today we do the work-around of disconnecting and connecting the
connection to force gdb to refresh, which is not particularly elegant.

Example cases: with reverse execution and a user on the back-end side jumping to
back-end bookmarks in time, or triggering breakpoints on hardware accesses or
other events that gdb have no real idea of.

Best regards,

/jakob

Jakob Engblom, PhD, Technical Marketing Manager

Virtutech?????????????????? Direct: +46 8 690 07 47???
Drottningholmsvägen 22????? Mobile: +46 709 242 646??
11243 Stockholm???????????? Web:??? www.virtutech.com?
Sweden
?