Re: GDB GUI

On Wednesday 04 November 2009, Marco Menegazzi wrote:
> I've already seen that documentation but my problem is that it does
> not explain how to connect to this interface through code. It explains
> how it is but not how to use it ... I want to connect through my java
> code but the only idea I have is to call it directly from the code
> with Runtime.exec ... but then I ask myself why to use gdb/mi that
> returns a more complex output instead of calling directly gdb and
> parse the stout to get what I want?

I understand what you mean.  Sorry, I can't help you on that because I'm
totally newbie in this area.  However, I'd suggest you to see how other GUIs
do that (Eclipse, for example).  Based on that, I believe you'll have a good
start point.

> Sorry if my questions appear to be stupid but I'm very new of this ...

No problem at all!  I'm actually learning more about this topic with your
questions :-).

Regards,

--
Sérgio Durigan Júnior
Linux on Power Toolchain - Software Engineer