Re: [RFC] Let "gcore" command accept a suffix argument

>> For example:
>> set $a=0
>> gcore $a
>> Saved corefile 0

Joel> Am I the only one who really doesn't like this idea?

Nope.

Joel> I'm surprised at my own reaction, since
Joel> it is not going to affect me all that much, and so I will let it go
Joel> if others like it (but it feels like a bandaid to me, and once it's in,
Joel> we won't be able to remove it).

GDB's command language is already weird and inconsistent.  And it does
affect you -- it affects all maintainers, because it is hard to justify
incompatible changes.  So, I think it is better for both maintainers and
users if we come up with generic facilities rather than ad hoc ones like
this.

Tom