Re: Slowdown of the response from the command line?

On 2010-2-27 1:30, Tom Tromey wrote:
I haven't noticed it, but I think the best way to find it is to profile.
I think you can build a -pg gdb and use maint set profile to profile a
single command, though I have not tried this in a long time.

Tom

Hi, Tom, thanks for your reply.
For me, I only work under Windows till now, so I don't know how to debug or profile gdb under Windows.

Today, I have download the latest snapshot of gdb from:
ftp://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/snapshots/current/gdb-7.1.50.20100304.tar.bz2
And I build gdb.exe(I use TDM GCC 4.4.1 mingw32 on windowsXP) with expat enabled. Too bad, I even can't start debugging, when I start debugging, I always get the gdb.exe crashed.

If I can remember, the gdb.exe built from snapshot of 20100302, 20100301 always get crashed on startup either.

just like Chris Sutcliffe's post in
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2010-01/msg00189.html and
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2010-01/msg00190.html, he has encountered the same problem as me in both mingw64 and mingw32.

I would prefer some gdb gurus can help. Thanks.

Asmwarrior