Re: Slowdown of the response from the command line?

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Asmwarrior,
>
>> Today, I have download the latest snapshot of gdb from:
>> ftp://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/snapshots/current/gdb-7.1.50.20100304.tar.bz2
>> And I build gdb.exe(I use TDM GCC 4.4.1 mingw32 on windowsXP) with expat
>> enabled. Too bad, I even can't start debugging, when I start debugging, I
>> always get the gdb.exe crashed.
>
> I'd recommend one of the 7.0.90.xxxx sources:

Thanks, ironhead, I will try it right now.

> ftp://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch/
>
> I've been using them to try and get Python working for MinGW.

so, the latest branch you built works? that's a great news.

>> If I can remember, the gdb.exe built from snapshot of 20100302, 20100301
>> always get crashed on startup either.
>
> What do you see when gdb crashes?

When the gdb crashed, these is a Messagebox, and saying some error.
sorry I can't remember all because I've done that in my lab (I will
report it tomorrow when I return to my office), but now I'm at home.
So, now, I will download a 7.0.90 branch and build it again and test
it.