Re: gdb python and 'complete'

>>>>> "Jeroen" == Jeroen Dobbelaere <jeroen.dobbelaere@gmail.com> writes:

Jeroen> Would it help if we modify gdb.execute to do the redirection when we
Jeroen> call it with a 'from_tty==false' ?
Jeroen> Or do we need a new command for it ?

I think the best route is to add a new optional argument to gdb.execute,
which defaults to False and which, when True, means to return the output
as a string.

This approach is backward compatible, and also not too ugly.

I noticed, thanks to your patch, that execute_gdb_command is not using
keyword arguments.  I think it should.

Jeroen> Following patch implements the redirection in gdb.execute :

If you intend to implement this, you'll need copyright assignment
paperwork on file.  If you don't have this already, let me know and I
can get you started.

Tom