Re: gdb reverse debugging error

Thats amazing : )

by the way
If you can throw some pointers for below things it would be great.
This is regarding porting reversible stuff on ARM.

Hi,

-> latest datasheet, in order to get, requires registration to from ARM

-> need to contact qemu guys to get arm target. (qemu part is difficult to setup)

I am not sure, how to go about above two things, assuming that there are no alternatives.

PS: both are very important points as having right spec and target, will end up doing right coding.

above points came up because of following with Sean Chen's answers.

1) which Arm family/data sheet need to be refereed ?

DDI0100I_ARM_Architecture_Reference_Manual and DDI0308C_thumb2_supplement are the latest basic documents. To
implement coprocessor instructions which is a plus such as VPF, NEON and WMMX, you might need the coresponding specs.

2) I am planning to use 'target simulator' command, and cross compiling test programs for arm. so with that simulator I can finish everything except Linux ABI
Arm-elf is a choice. However, I am not sure whether it supports the latest ARMv7 and Thumb2 instructions. I think a real ARM target or
QEMU is necessary, otherwise, it's very inconvenient for you to test and implement the Linux function call handler.

3) and at the last step I will be trying to get arm kernel and finish linux ABI part. You will need  real ARM target or QEMU absolutely.
PS : some way it is getting difficult to use qemu or other virtual emulation and fit it on to x86 emulating ARM. QEMU is a good choice if you don't have any ARM target. You might need to contact QEMU guys.

Regards,
Oza.