Re: Can gdb display the source code lines with comments in other languages?

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 20:33, Yongtao Yang <yongtao.y@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the encoding of your source file is UTF-8. I have tested that
> gdb do support the UTF-8 encoded chinese characters, but it can't
> display the chinese characters correctly in a GB2132 encoded source
> file (e.g., source files edited by notepad.exe under windows). How to
> configure gdb to support GB2132?

I think this because you terminal didn't set to decode GB2132.

You can try cat youcode.c
If this comments cannot be display too.  That is the reason.

You can set your terminal to decode GB2132.

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1.50.20100524-cvs
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /home/teawater/gdb/a.out...done.
(gdb) start
Temporary breakpoint 1 at 0x8048428: file 1.c, line 21.
Starting program: /home/teawater/gdb/a.out

Temporary breakpoint 1, main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff5a4,
envp=0xbffff5ac) at 1.c:21
21		if (argc < 2) /* æääçèç ääéèæç */

Thanks,
Hui