Downloading data to platforms

Hello all,

Could someone please point me out files/functions in which GDB is
downloading code to some specific platform and runs this code. To be
more specific, I work with ARC platform and would like to get better
grasp at what's going on under the hub when it comes to download
process. GDB is connected to Ashling server through TCP connection. I
am interested in understanding which registers are configuerd, and
which commands are issued in order to get .elf file going right after
download.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
         Nikola