RE: [HELP]Can GDB for ARM set hard breakpoint when native debugging?

Hi,
> I've had a go at implementing a backend for hardware watchpoints and breakpoints in the Kernel:
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2010-March/01117
> 0.html
Thanks.

>I'm hoping to submit a newer version of this patchset against 2.6.35.
>I'll add you on CC when I post it to the list. The main changes will be:
Thanks again! Looking forward to it.

> It's worth noting that using the context-id based watchpoint will
> almost certainly break in the case of ASID rollover for a process. It
> also won't allow you to install watchpoints on a per-thread basis afaict.
Yeah I agree. Not sure about the per-thread hypothesis.

>The HW-breakpoint framework inserts/removes breakpoints on context
>switch so the need for hardware assisted context id matching is removed.
This was my next step. I thought context id based implementation would
let me get familiar with what I am doing quickly and then I can take
up context-switch-time bkpt insertion.
But you beat me to it totally!

Going through your patch and will be trying it soon. At first sight,
seems the gdb changes aren't there in that link. Can you point me to
the gdb changes?

Thanks,
Karthik