Re: Why isn't GDB designed and implemented by using Object-Oriented methodology?

> > When meeting so many structs and function pointer in the source codes,
> > dose anyone have the thought to redesign and implement GDB using
> > Object-Oriented  methodology?
>
> See the last discussion:
> 	Move GDB to C++ ?
> 	http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2008-07/msg00077.html
> 	http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2008-08/msg00004.html

One can develop software using "Object Oriented *methodology*" without
using a language that implements classes. An object is, at its simplest,
data and methods. If you are using the term "methodology" to actually
mean "language", then indeed, as Jan points out, this is not a new
discussion.  Despite my strong reservations about moving away from C,
I have no doubt in my mind that we will eventually be moving GDB
development to C++.  But in the meantime, some parts of GDB already have
an OO aspect to them.

--
Joel