Java to gdb

Hello,

I'm trying to interact wtih gdb from a Java application. What I want to do
is to create a Java GUI and form that GUI to send commands to gdb. So,
instead of writing commands in gdb command line interface I want to interact
via software with GDB. I know that is possible because in Eclipse this is
implemented.

What I tried is to send commands from Java to the pty where the gdb is
running. I've tried both with mi and cli but apparently I'm only able to
write in the terminal and not execute the commands.

Thanks in advance !

Petru