Re: gdb crash: double free with free_objfile

hi,

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

> Nope, right now objfile has the base address baked in to many things,
> e.g. symbol addresses or psymtabs_addrmap. ÂI think we'd like to change
> this, so that we can share objfiles between inferiors, but nobody has
> tried to do that yet. ÂI don't know how hard this would be.
>
> Your quickest route is probably a form of (a) -- change symbol_add_stub
> to check both the file name and the base address.

It took me a long time to get back to this issue because I was busy
with a couple of other things but the attached patch which was
generated against CVS HEAD fixes the problem for me (i.e., avoids the
segfault in gdb and gets me readable backtraces). Is there something
else I could do to help get this issue fixed in mainline ?

Mathieu
--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu.lacage@gmail.com>