Re: gdb "automation" question

I'll answer this one:

On Monday 28 June 2010 16:11:44, Steffen Dettmer wrote:
> #3 my connect command has to disable breakpoints.
>    I cannot re-enable them, because it does not know which
>    breakpoints were enabled and which not.
>    I've read about `save breakpoints' and tried it:
>
>      (gdb) i b
>      Num     Type           Disp Enb Address    What
>      1       breakpoint     keep y   0x000d2b44 in logTrace
>                                             at xxx.c:123
>              stop only if $show_log_py()
>
>      (gdb) save breakpoints tmpfile
>      warning: save-tracepoints: no tracepoints to save.
>
>      (gdb) source tmpfile
>      tmpfile: No such file or directory.
>
>    Would `save breakpoints' help to re-enable my breakpoints?
>    How do I use it correctly?

"save breakpoints" is new, starting with gdb 7.2.  7.1 only had
"save-tracepoints".  So in < 7.2, "save breakpoints tmpfile"
is the same as "save-tracepoints breakpoints tmpfile", that is,
you're attempting to save tracepoints to a file named
"breakpoints tmpfile".  This is why you see the warning above.

--
Pedro Alves