Re: About the "info locals" command of gdb and python pretty printer

On 23.06.2010 22:28, Tom Tromey wrote:
">" == Asm gmail<asmwarrior@gmail.com> writes:

1, It seems the current SVN std python script didn't works any
more.
[...]
All the response from gdb just gives the same as print /r XXXX.

I think this is pretty unlikely to have been caused by the recent patch. Instead it sounds like the printers aren't being read in.

What version of Python are you using?

Today, I have build  gdb-cvs-20100623 , and try to make gdb crash on
printing some uninitialized stl containers by pretty printers. But it
stands through all the cases, so, it seems the gdb-cvs-20100623 is
quite stable than the gdb-cvs-20100619. I'm not sure what has
changed. It seems it more stable now.

As far as I know, nothing in this area has changed.

my mistake. I did check in two chunks left over from testing. Reverted these on the trunk. The 4.5 branch was not affected. Sorry.

Matthias