Re: Question about "cvs update"

On 11/10/2010 08:49, Hui Zhu wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> "cvs update -d" will make the src directory include a lot of other
> softwares like binutils, sid and so on.
>
> I want keep the directory just have the file of GDB.  I tried "cvs
> update -dP".  But it still tried to checkout the files of other
> softwares.
>
> Could someone tell me how to update the all src directory and do not
> co the files of other softwares.

  I do something roughly(*) like:

ls -1d */CVS | cut -d/ -f1 | xargs cvs up -dP

... followed by a plain old "cvs up" to get the top-level files.  This can
easily be put into a shell alias or function definition in one of your shell
startup scripts.

    cheers,
      DaveK
--
(*) - Actually, I'm lazy.  I really do "ls -l" and take advantage of the
windows terminal's rectangular-block-copy-paste mode to select all the