Re: reversible debugging, enhancements, proposals

>> 1) if we want to debug the long linked list chain, we need to to move
>> manually next, next, and so on...  so if you want to to see 100th
>> node's value, or want to know cerain field's value in all
>> nodes.... (there also could be level of nesting in the list also,

>> for e.g. list->some_field->next and so on...) then it becomes
>> cumbersome and difficult.  I am not sure whether that facility is
>> available, but I think it is a very useful feature, if it is not
>> there.

>> I would like to make a patch which gives that facility in gdb.

It is simple to write things like this in Python.

You can write a pretty-printer, which is nice for application- or
library-specific cases.  E.g., libstdc++ has a std::list printer that
does this.

Or, you could write a new command that is more general purpose.

Tom