Re: Assertion Fail: FDE != NULL in Cyclops64

Hello

On 22 November 2010 16:16, Brian Heilig <bheilig@etinternational.com> wrote:
> I found that memmove (and other functions) were not compiled with debug
> information. Since these were hand optimized routines in assembly it
> would be very difficult to add debugging information.

What kind of debugging information to add?

Source lines? GAS has an option to include these. It has to be enabled
manually, GCC does not pass -g option for some reason.

Type information? I dunno.

Stack-trace/-unwind info? I think this should be easy. The feature is
well hidden in GAS. I fact it is not supported on some architectures
and the docs do not say which. (I got burnt.) If GAS implements them
then I might try to write the annotations for the memmove.

Where is the source for the memmove function?
Is it in-line assembly in C file or standalone asm file? (I assume standalone.)

(I know nothing about the assertion or its surrounding code.)

--
Petr Hluzin