Re: Using telnet to control a running GDB

Marc> If the console was outside eclipse (like the telnet session,
Marc> I'm mentioning), eclipse may not be able to catch the commands
Marc> from that telnet to be able to parse them, and would then
Marc> fall out-of-sync with GDB.

Jan> MI should rather notify changes done over MI when talking about
Jan> some right way to do it.

I don't think I understand that.

It seems to me that if we want to support a GUI that also has a
gdb-cli-like console, then commands entered at that console should
report both MI and CLI output, so that the GUI can parse the MI
notifications and update other parts of the user interface.

I assume this doesn't work today, but I don't see why it couldn't be
implemented.

I suppose an alternate idea would be to only have MI output and require
the GUI to format it into the console window itself.  This seems
somewhat less nice since it means duplicating the formatting code.

Tom