Re: does it make sense to stop on SIGPRIO?

Michael Snyder wrote:
Joel Brobecker wrote:
I've been looking at how we decide what to when we receive a signal.
We have some code that disables stop&printing for various signals
because these signals are used as part of normal thread operations.

  /* These signals are used internally by user-level thread
     implementations.  (See signal(5) on Solaris.)  Like the above
     signals, a healthy program receives and handles them as part of
     its normal operation.  */

We do the same for other signals, which are not error signals:

/* Signals that are not errors should not normally enter the debugger. */

On LynxOS, changing the priority of a thread automatically causes
a SIGPRIO signal to be raised.  I think that SIGPRIO falls more
into the second category (not a signal used to indicate an error).

Are there any known situations where we would want a SIGPRIO would
be indicating something abnormal, or significant enough that we would
want to stop?

Thanks,

I think it might be peculiar to LynxOS. Most google hits either refer to gdb or Lynx.

Meant to imply -- in which case you can do what you like.

;-)