remote debugging sh4 not working

Hi,

I'm trying to remote debug software running on an SH4
(target=sh4-unknown-linux-gnu) with linux kernel 2.6.27 from a
i686-pc-cygwin host. I am using gdb version 7.2. When debugging I can
execute a few step or next commands, but at some point a step or next
command will not work, but program execution will continue until the next
breakpoint is reached. If no breakpoint is available, program execution
will continue, and gdb becomes unresponsive on the host until program
execution is interrupted. I do not get any errors or warning messages when
this happens.

Any ideas as to what the reason for this behaviour may be, or where to
look for support on this?

Sören

Miele & Cie. KG, Sitz Gütersloh, Registergericht Gütersloh - HRA 3268