Re: Backtrace extraction ONLY gdb

>>>>> "Cyrille" == Maucci, Cyrille <cyrille.maucci@hp.com> writes:

Cyrille> The suid trick may do it... Though isn't there some story about
Cyrille> suid scripts not being allowed?

Yeah.  Write a little C program instead.

Tom> You can make them on the production machine and then analyze them
Tom> elsewhere.

Cyrille> Well if analyze them elsewhere is 'looking at the backtrace',
Cyrille> yes.  If analyze them elsewhere is fully browsing the core
Cyrille> file, it requires the exact same exe/libs versions as on the
Cyrille> production system.

Yes.  You can just copy those back, of course.  Or, one thing I think
people do is keep one copy of the production build "locally", with full
debuginfo (separate or not), and then put a stripped copy on the
production machine.

Cyrille> HP's gdb adds a great feature called packcore to ease the
Cyrille> packing of everything needed for offline browsing with one
Cyrille> command.

Maybe this could be done from Python.  I don't know offhand.

Tom