Re: Debugging 32bit apps with 64bit target gdb

Anyone have any help for me?

A short summary, I'm trying to see if I can build one GDB executable
with all these properties:

      * Is a 32bit application so it can run on both 32bit and 64bit
        systems
      * Can debug 32bit applications
      * Can debug 64bit applications (when run on a 64bit system
        obviously)
      * If I can get it to debug a 64bit core file when running on a
        32bit system (with --sysroot pointing to a 64bit sysroot of
        course) that would be awesome.

I'm only concerned with x86 architectures (for now?)

Is such a thing possible?  Or should I just build two different GDB
binaries, one for 32bit and one for 64bit, and be satisfied?

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@gnu.org>          Find some GNU make tips at: