Re: Windows build cookbook

2011/7/27 Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>:
>> clear enough. ?I meant the support packages that GDB needs to be
>> linked against: the Python libraries, termcap/curses, libexpat,
>> readline, libiconv, etc. ?Which of them do you use? ?Or do you build
>> them as well by yourself?
>
> ?- Python: I use the official binaries provided by python.org
> ?- termcap/curses: Not needed
> ?- libexpat: I build it (same as GDB)
> ?- readline: Not needed (included in GDB sources)
> ?- libiconv: I place the sources in the GDB tree, and it gets
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ?automatically built. ?But you could also rebuild it
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ?yourself.
>
> I think that, apart from Python, it's fairly easy to rebuild your
> dependencies yourself, so that's what we do. However, I do not know
> if the MinGW project provides pre-compiled versions of those packages
> or not.
>
> --
> Joel

Well, build of Windows is mostly OOTB.  Most important point is the
libexpat, as without it DLL debugging isn't possible.  The rest is
more an issue of pre-installing proper packages.  There is not much
magic about building GDB for Windows.

Yes, both mingw.org and mingw-w64 ventures are providing pre-build
version of gdb for users.  AFAIR we (mingw-w64) provide even a version
with Python support.

Kai