Re: GIT and CVS

> From: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com>
> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 20:37:22 +0100
>
> GIT is, I think, available everywhere, has a CVS interface, and is
> far, far quicker than CVS.

Git is available on GNU/Linux, which is a lot, but it ain't
"everywhere".

My main development machines run MS-Windows.  Git sucks on MS-Windows
(I don't like it much on GNU/Linux, either).  If we are to switch to
git, it'll probably make me much less active as a member of the GDB
project.

If we are going to switch to a dVCS, git is not the only choice.  I
like bzr better; bzr is a GNU project, unlike git.