Re: GIT and CVS

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:22:53 +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> $ cvs update
> (test changes, write changelog, send diff for review)
[...]
> With lots of "cvs diff" invocations in between to check my changes and
> remind myself what I'm working on.

Replace `cvs update' by: git stash; git pull; git stash pop
Replace `cvs diff' by: git diff HEAD
(not sure if the latter is needed but IMO it simplifies some assumptions)

> and I have to commit half-finished work,

You don't have to.

> (I've tried git stash, but it didn't seem to support my
> development style, at least "unstashing" didn't "just work" when I did
> a git fetch in between).

I do so sometimes myself, it works.

BTW you are right this style is not native to GIT, you should be on branch.

Regards,
Jan