Re: Run until some FPU register has changed

On Friday 04 November 2011 17:55:12, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 04 Nov 2011, at 18:47, Thomas Baruchel wrote:
>
> >  "run until register 0 in FPU has changed"
>
> The "watch" command also works with registers, so
>   watch $f0
>
> should work (replace f0 with the actual name of floating point register 0). You can oif course set watchpoints on all floating point registers, although I don't know how much extra slowdown that will cause.

I assume pretty much negligible compared to watching a single register.
GDB will need to force single-stepping of the target behind the scenes in
both cases, and pulling a single float register out of the target is
already likely pulling them all.

--
Pedro Alves