Re: xz-compressed release tarballs?

> From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
> Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 18:09:15 -0500
> Cc: gdb@sourceware.org,
>  jan.kratochvil@redhat.com,
>  jim@meyering.net
>
> On Saturday 28 January 2012 03:18:47 Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I see nothing ridiculous in a request to cater to a situation of your
> > fellow developer of Free Software, and don't understand how can you
> > ridicule such a request.
>
> sorry, but i really can't find anything worth replying to here.

But you replied anyway.

> being a free software developer doesn't mean being able to force
> people to adhere to what works on their personal legacy systems
> where the user refuses to upgrade the software.  that is
> unreasonable.

I cannot and didn't force anyone to do anything.  I made a request.
Disagreeing with that request and acting against it is entirely
appropriate and understood; calling it ridiculous or using other
derogatory language is not.

> i've got plenty of old systems

There's nothing in MS-Windows systems that can be called "legacy" or
"old".

> i don't try and force everyone else to try and support them at the
> detriment of future progress.

Neither did I.