Re: PR13901

On 04/04/2012 03:47 PM, Tristan Gingold wrote:

> Welcome in the Darwin team :-)

;-)

> I was thinking about a slightly better way (IMHO): just call darwin_set_sstep when
> the single-step flag is set or was just cleared.  This should improve performance.

> There might be subtile difference for signal handling, but I am not even sure that gdb behaviour is well defined in that case.

Hmm, good idea.  Kernel's are known to forget the trace flag around signals and I'm under
the impression that darwin is one of those that can't step to signal handlers.  But
indeed if we always single-step when the flag is set, and only "optimize" on
step->!step, it does sounds like it should work.

--
Pedro Alves