RE: gdb/gnulib problems with BSD operating systems

  I was looking in the wrong file,
I should have compared build/gdb/config.log.

  I think that I now understood the reason of the
different behavior:
  Using
gmake
or
gmake all

Result in MAKE=gmake
being passed to configure script in sub-directories
via the all phony target that
uses RECURSE_FLAGS_TO_PASS
for each subdirectory configure call
while using
gmake all-gdb
uses
configure-gdb phony target
that also calls
gdb/configure
but without using RECURSE_FLAGS_TO_PASS

Thus, the two former
get MAKE=gmake environment
while the MAKE is not set for
the last case.
In such case, gdb/configure looks for make in the
pass and thus find the BSD make which
later fails at build/gdb/gnulib level.

It is probably related to some recent change in
the top level configure...

I have no clue if and how this should be fixed.
Especially as top Makefile contains the lines:
691-# We leave this in just in case, but it is not needed anymore.
692:RECURSE_FLAGS_TO_PASS = $(BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS)

Pierre Muller