Re: Will therefore GDB utilize C++? Not.

On 06/04/12 10:34, John Gilmore wrote:

I do not recommend that GDB use C++.

I agree 100% on all points. I came to the same conclusions 10 years ago. Everything i do now is C, and i only poke with C++ to grab something out of it or to reverse engineer.

Most C++ programmers i've seen have this mentality that they don't need to know what's "under the hood" such as what some library is doing or how inefficient it is.

As a result, you get layers upon layers upon layers of absolute crud piled sky high.

OTOH, i don't recommend trying to emulate C++ in plain C, or you end up with a maintenance disaster like GTK.

All it requires is a few more short lines of explanatory design notes scattered through the code and clarity of thought.