Re: Will therefore GDB utilize C++ or not?

> I do not repeat all the Bugs here leading to GDB crashes I get continuously
> from ABRT (bugreporting system) in Bugzilla due to missing automatic code
> sanity checking possible with C++.

If you are arguing that our test suite does not exercise gdb well
enough to detect simple coding bugs, that argues for spending more
time on the test suite, not rewriting working code into C++.

BTW, someone argued that C++ would improve memory allocation for
e.g. symtabs.  We used to allocate those in our own region-based memory
allocator, so thousands of symbols could be freed at once when new
symbol files are loaded.  Do we not do that any more?

        John