Re: [mingw gdb/mi] Separating debuggee output from MI

On 2012-5-15 14:44, Eran Ifrah wrote:
Hi,

I also faced this problem while ago when implementing it, what did the
trick for me was to execute 'set new-console on' after starting gdb
but before executing the target
so the sequence should be something like this:

gdb<executable>
set new-console on
.. other initialization commands ...
run<args>

By running this command, gdb will create a new console for the debugee output.
i.e. all the redirected IO that you capture in your frontend will
always be gdb's output.

Note: this command does not work under Linux / Mac. To achieve this on
*NIX, you need to pass
--tty=/dev/pts/XX to gdb for achieving the same effect.

Also, here is a complete reference for codelite's GDB MI implementation:
http://codelite.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/codelite/trunk/Debugger/debuggergdb.cpp?revision=5439&view=markup

Look at around line 1025 in function : DoInitializeGdb()

Hi, eran, that's was a good solution.

I have such issue several days ago when I used gdb-mi plugin for Codeblocks.

I will ask OBF (the gdb-mi plugin maintainer) to follow your steps.

Thanks.

BTW: I remember once I have such issue, I looked up this in the GDB documents, but no information about this Windows specific issue, So can some one enhanced this in the gdb documents?

Yuanhui Zhang
ollydbg(Codeblocks forum ID)