Re: Will therefore GDB utilize C++ or not?

> Pedro> And #2, the debugger is one of the first programs that is
> Pedro> desirable to get running on a new system/board.  Usually you get
> Pedro> C going much sooner than C++.
>
> I think there are multiple options for this scenario.  People could
> start with a basic port of RDA, or an older gdbserver, or just bump up
> the priority of getting C++ working.

I would really like us to avoid making GDBserver a C++ program.
I said in the past that I was concerned that making GDB a C++ program
would make it less accessible on the less used platforms. But I am
ready to accept that constraint to build GDB if it can help general
development. For GDBserver, however, which is often cross-compiled
to bare systems, I feel that getting a C++ compiler could be even more
challenging that on those exotic but otherwise relatively rich
platforms.

--
Joel