Re: Symbol can't be found unless type 'tab'

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:36:44 +0200, Yao Qi wrote:
> I am not sure what do you mean by "this also cannot work", but it
> works for me, at least for my test purpose.

This is because 'b middle_middle' has expanded psymtab->symtab.

If you do 'p/x i' as the very first GDB command it will not work.

You could also keep there the location list in such case, it would work the
same.

See what you will see with 'set complaints 100', 'file ./gdb.mi/mi-reg-changed'.

I believe it would make the testcase magic if you move the 'i' variable DIE
into some function.  But if you put some warning into the testcase source it
is IMO also acceptable the way you have it.

Thanks,
Jan