Re: Option to disable frame checking

>> > Is it acceptable to make a patch that allows this check to be turned
>> > off (i.e. "set frame-inner-check off" or similar), or is there another
>> > method that is more acceptable?
>>
>> Knowing that the Go language makes extensive use of alternate stacks,
>> I think it's just better to remove the check altogether.
>
> I do not know about Go alternate stacks but the checks for example already
> supports gcc -fsplit-stack.  More such features should be rather implemented
> than to drop UNWIND_INNER_ID.  Could not be GDB taught about thue alternate
> stack?

I'm not sure how that would be accomplished. AFAIK, there isn't any sort of
information in the DWARF debugging format that could be used to (definitively)
indicate the thread has jumped stacks, so I think it would have to be determined
by something external to the code being debugged. I think that such a heuristic
approach could be difficult to get correct in all cases, hence the
idea of making it
a user configurable option.

I won't claim to be an expert in the DWARF debugging format though, so
I could be
wrong. I also don't know anything about any other debugging formats.

--
Joshua Watt