Re: question on trace-stop-notes implementation

On 10/08/2012 01:56 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
> On 10/08/2012 01:26 AM, Prus, Vladimir wrote:
>> Does that work if we connect to a target that has tracing in progress, with some end note already set?
>
> Yes, I think so.  Command parameter change notification is emitted whenever command parameter is changed, it has nothing to do with other factors.
> The session below is about what you want, IIUC,

I don't think that's the same issue.  If you connect to a target that already had
tracing on progress, you'd want to read the stop note that was already set on the
target.  There's no way currently.  With RSP notifications, and MI change notifications
in place, you'd still miss a way to sync the stop note on initial connection.

--
Pedro Alves