Re: custom runtime GDB extensions

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> wrote:
>> A pointer to a cook book would be really helpful. Thank you so much!
>
> My point of view of a "cookbook" solution to extending GDB would be to
> use the Python extension interface. It does depend on having a GDB that
> includes Python support, but python suppport has been around for a while,
> now, so I do not think it is an unreasonable assumption.

OK, I do not speak Python.  I have a library of C code that does what I need.
Since no distribution I regularly use regularly enables python extensions for
GDB, I will, therefore, need to rebuild GDB with python enabled and I need
to find how to code up python-into-shared-library calls.  Likely also how to
load said shared library.  That is a lot of work just for a GDB-into-object-code
glue layer.  I'll do it, but please help me with a short cut that does
not entail
the deep recesses of Python for dlopen-ing and calling into shared libraries.
An example would do very nicely.  I have googled for this and the lack of
results has me here.  Again, please and thank you! :)   Regards, Bruce