Re: Time to expand "Program received signal" ?

> I do find the strings somewhat long though.  The lines wrap, and that
> distracts people from the important bit, which is that a signal was
> received.  Are people really interested in the bit between.  Isn't it
> better to print just:
>
>   Thread 2 received signal SIGUSR1, User defined signal 1.
>
> Folks can then use "info threads" to look at the details of the thread.

Same here, and I'd be OK with the output you suggest. But the extra
info might be useful if the thread disappeared before the user had
a chance to do "info threads"... Perhaps this is a good situation
where we should provide an option, so that the short output is used
by default, but still allow a longer output when needed.

--
Joel