Re: Lot of FAILs with gdb.base/structs.exp

On 02/13/2013 10:18 AM, Franck Jullien wrote:
> Do you have any advice on the investigation method you'd use with a
> program exiting like this ?:

> (gdb) PASS: gdb.base/structs.exp: p chartest
> ptype foo1
> type = struct struct1 {
>     tc a;
> }
> (gdb) PASS: gdb.base/structs.exp: ptype foo1; structs-tc
> p/c fun1()
> [Inferior 1 (process 42000) exited with code 0400]
> The program being debugged exited while in a function called from GDB.

So you have some kind of bug in your inferior function call
implementation.  For some reason gdb doesn't regain control
after the call ends.  At this point I'd just switch to reproducing
the problem manually while debugging gdb, and try to figure
things out.
Did this work with 7.2?  That should make things easier,
as you have a basis to compare.  Maybe something to do
with the fact that we now default to putting the call
dummy on stack, while it would go on entry before.

--
Pedro Alves