Re: [gdb-7.5.91] mips sim fails to build on mingw32

On Wednesday 20 March 2013 13:51:08 Joel Sherrill wrote:
> FYI you have to have bfin as installed to compile the simulator. I
> suppose this
> has never been noticed.

i'm guessing you're referring to the assembly of some fixed code file ?  that
happens when timestamps get out of whack.  i originally just wanted to add a
.h, but people requested i also add the source .s.

not sure if there's a way i could put this logic behind "if (file does not
exist) || (file is out of date && maintainer mode)" so it doesn't bite people
randomly ...

> Can I put a generic message for other targets that "dv-sockser hardware
> support is
> unavailable for your target" and let it go at that? Or do I specifically
> need to list the
> devices when dv-sockser.o is hard-coded in the Makefile.in?

since we don't have a large body of people clamoring for sim device support
under Windows, let's start with the simple version and avoid hardcoded lists.

> > and then add a TODO comment to each of these failing device modules with
> > something like "should change code to respect HAVE_DV_SOCKSER".
>
> What would such a message look like and where in the file would it go?

i was thinking of a /* TODO: ... */ in each device model file that
unconditionally uses dv-socker.  e.g. sim/mips/dv-tx3904sio.c.
-mike